Monday, February 1, 2010

The Gift

My husband is a good gift giver. My favorite gift for many years was my built in ironing board, but after moving it from house to house he made me leave it in Illinois. It took a lot of hardware to anchor it to the wall and so it went w/ the house. I still miss it. I know many people will think this is silly because who in their right mind irons these days, but for me it was a painful parting.

However, my husband outdid himself this year and w/o me even asking for it I got a deluxe Kindle. I think our daughters might have been instrumental in him coming up w/ this idea. I love it! Who wants to iron when you can download the latest book in 60 seconds? I have become a reading machine which might get expensive because most of the down loads are around $10.00. I used to be a regular at the library but hey, this is sooo much easier. Also, I can adjust the font and my tired 'ol eyes like the larger print. In fact, I find it hard to read regular print now so I may never go back. This cuts out my cheap finds at garage sales, swapping w/friends and, of course, our beautiful, new library.
My husband may soon realize what a monster he has created. He may even live to regret making me part w/ my beloved ironing board.

1 comment:

  1. She isn't kidding folks, she really, REALLY loved that ironing board!?!?! Strange, I know! Glad you are loving your Kindle Mom. I don't know how Dad found out that you wanted one... it must have been a little birdy ;)

    ReplyDelete